I applied for credit and was denied due to something on my credit report. Is there anything that I can do?

Statistically, a large percentage of credit reports have errors. If you have been denied credit or given credit at a high rate of interest due to your past credit history, the first step is to get a copy of your credit report to check it for accuracy. If there are errors, then immediately file a dispute letter with the credit reporting agency and the company that provided the information. If they refuse to correct the error, you should consult an experienced consumer litigation attorney for help.